Sproule-Saunders Book Lovers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ninjabecs
Ninjabecs
Admin
https://sproulesaundersblc.board-directory.net

A Wrinkle In Time (Series) Empty A Wrinkle In Time (Series)

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 pm
A Wrinkle in Time...a word to describe this book...from weird to weirder. Okay that was four words. This book is a very easy read but for the non-science fiction loving reader, it's very strange. It's about a young girl with a super special brother and scientist parents. The book chronicles her very strange adventure about travel through time to other planets to battle a sweeping darkness. I loved this book because I like sci-fi and the writing style was pretty easy. Sometimes, however, I found myself going back over what I had just read to try and understand what the author was describing. When describing some creatures, the author leaves a lot up to the imagination, which can be refreshing, but I found that it left wholes in the picture she was painting. Needless to say, I am very excited about the movie which is coming out next month!

I am almost finished with the second book in the series. If the first book was strange, this one has advanced another level. Still, I am enjoying the read. My brother is dying for me to finish it so he can borrow it. This one require more set up than the first. I'm over half way through the book and it seems to just be getting into the actual challenge the characters are meant to address. The author wrote these books in the 60s and 70s before Star Wars, so I can't imagine what readers initially thought of these books. Interesting fact, Le'Engle's books were banned from Christian schools and book stores because she was a universalist. She includes a lot of scripture and biblical principal in her writings so it's sad to me that these books were banned.

She wrote her first book shortly after the Cold War, and her characters are exposed to the atrocity of Communism. Very interesting read. But the characters are relatable and lovable. I and my brother think that Charles Wallace is the coolest. But I definitely relate to Meg. I will continue to write my thoughts as I finish the book and the others in the series!

-RS
A Wrinkle In Time (Series) 513hgs14
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum